Personal website of Prof. Dr. Christian Gold
- Principal Researcher, Grieg Academy Music Therapy Research Centre (GAMUT), Uni Research Health, Uni Research, Bergen, Norway.
- Professor, Grieg Academy Department of Music, University of Bergen, Norway.
- Adjunct professor, methodological adviser, and member of the PhD board at the International Music Therapy Research School, Aalborg University, Denmark.
- Editor of the Nordic Journal of Music Therapy.
- Editor of the Cochrane Developmental, Psychosocial and Learning Problems Group.
- Private music therapy practice in Vienna, Austria.
- My main research interests include outcome research (clinical trials and meta-analyses), their methodology and application in music therapy in mental health. I am also interested in research connecting process and outcome.
Bergen office: GAMUT - The Grieg Academy Music Therapy Research Centre, Uni Research Health, Uni Research, Lars Hilles gate 3, 5015 Bergen, Norway. Phone: +47-97501757
Vienna office: Hasnerstrasse 134/4, 1160 Vienna, Austria. Phone: +43-699-11240657
Email: firstname dot lastname dot uni dot no. Skype: firstname dot lastname
Current projects (see also www.gamut.no for project descriptions):
- Shared Moments: The quality of the relationship as outcome predictor in music therapy with children with autism spectrum disorder
Links to various resources:
- TIME-A: Trial of Improvisational Music therapy's Effectiveness for Autism
- HUMS Trial: RCT and scale development study of music therapy for adolescents in schools (with the University of Melbourne, funded by the Australian Research Council; ISRCTN31608830)
- RCT-MTPSY: Multicentre RCT on music therapy for psychiatric patients with low therapy motivation
- MT-PRIS: RCT on music therapy for prison inmates
- MT-DEPR: RCT on music therapy for depression (with the University of Jyväskylä, Finland, as part of the EU FP6 project BrainTuning)
- Systematic reviews and meta-analyses of music therapy in mental health
Last updated: 28 September, 2017