Personal website of Prof. Dr. Christian Gold
- Principal Researcher, Grieg Academy Music Therapy Research Centre (GAMUT), Uni Health, Uni Research, Bergen, Norway.
- Professor, Grieg Academy Department of Music, University of Bergen, Norway.
- Adjunct professor, methodological adviser, and member of the PhD board at the International Music Therapy Research School, Aalborg University, Denmark.
- Editor-in-Chief of the Nordic Journal of Music Therapy.
- Associate Editor for the Cochrane Developmental, Psychosocial and Learning Problems Group (CDPLPG).
- Private music therapy practice in Vienna, Austria.
- My main research interests include outcome research (clinical trials and meta-analyses), their methodology and application in music therapy in mental health. I am also interested in research connecting process and outcome.
Office address: GAMUT, Uni Health, Uni Research, Lars Hilles gate 3, 5015 Bergen, Norway. Phone: +47-97501757
Private practice address: Hasnerstrasse 134/4, 1160 Vienna, Austria. Phone: +43-699-11240657
Email: firstname dot lastname dot uni dot no. Skype: firstname dot lastname
Current projects (see also www.gamut.no for project descriptions):
- TIME-A: Trial of Improvisational Music therapy's Effectiveness for Autism
- HUMS Trial: RCT and scale development study of music therapy for adolescents in schools (with the University of Melbourne, funded by the Australian Research Council)
Links to various resources:
- RCT-MTPSY: Multicentre RCT on music therapy for psychiatric patients with low therapy motivation
- MT-PRIS: RCT on music therapy for prison inmates
- MT-DEPR: RCT on music therapy for depression (with the University of Jyväskylä, Finland, as part of an EU project)
- Systematic reviews and meta-analyses of music therapy in mental health
Last updated: 13 November, 2013