The Retrospective Methods Network / Nettverket for retrospektiv metode
There will be a meeting in the network at the Saga Conference in Århus, Thursday 9 August 2012 at 16:30 in Room 010, which is one of the conference rooms (that is, instead of the Himmelbjerget excursion. Himmelbjerget doesn't really reach into the sky....).
These will be the main topics:
- Presentation of (emerging) sub-groups and their activities and plans: the Austmarr Network and the Old Norse Folklorist Network, the Uralic Cultures Network (working name).
- Presentation of the RMN Newsletter
- Information from members about local activities or plans.
- What now for the Retrospective Methods Network? What has it done, and how useful has it been? Where should we go from here?
- Another Retrospective Methods Network conference? When, where, organised by whom, funded how, with what topic?
- Possibilities for organising and coordinating national or international research projects?
On Friday 9 August there will be a workshop on folklore and Old Norse studies, from 10:15 - 11:55 (organised by the Saga Conference).
We hope to see many of you, both at the conference and at our meeting!
About the network.
Newsletter: The second issue, May 2011, of the RMN Newsletter is here! Thanks to Frog, Helen Leslie and Mathias Nordvig!
Follow the network on Facebook.
Join the network.
The network organized an international conference on retrospective methods in Bergen, Norway, Monday 13th - Tuesday 14th September 2010, hosted by the Centre for Medieval Studies at the University of Bergen.
Programme, abstracts and other updated information.
Short call for papers.
Full call for papers - outdated but gives background information.
This site is under construction.