FRISP - Forum for Research into Ice Shelf Processes
- European Project for Ice Coring in Antarctica (EPICA)
- Glaciers online (Antarctica)
- International Antarctic Zone Programme (IAnZone)
- International Glaciological Society
- National Ice Center
- National Snow and Ice Data Center (NSIDC)
- PANGAEA, AWI ice core data archive
- Scott Polar Research Institute (SPRI)
- Scientific Committee on Antarctic Research (SCAR)
- SPRILIB Antarctica
- WDC A Data Catalog - European mirror site
FRISP- a forum to discuss ice shelf processes and related problems.
FRISP was started in 1984, and used to mean "Filchner-Ronne-Ice-Shelf-Programme". FRISP is a subcommmittee of the Scientific Committee on Antarctic Research (SCAR) Working Group of Glaciology. For several years the work of the FRISP parties was focused on the Filchner-Ronne Ice Shelf (FRIS). But meanwhile the geographical restriction to FRIS was widened up and other ice shelves have been included into the investigations. FRISP started out as an European forum, but now welcomes any scientist working on ice shelves and related issues. FRISP remains a focus on glaciology, but the scope is extended to include continental shelf oceanography, meteorology, and quaternary paleoclimatology to encourage discussion between these disciplines.
» News & Announcements
The 31st (2017) Forum for Research into Ice Shelf Processess (FRISP) workshop will be held in Bergen, June 19th-22nd, 2017. The meeting will take place at Panorama Hotell and Resort on Sotra, an island outside Bergen, Norway.
Read more about FRISP 2017 under News.