Uncertainty quantification: polynomial chaos methods, reduced-order representation
Boundary conditions and time-stability
Numerical methods for subsurface CO2 storage
Ph.D. Computational & Mathematical Engineering, Stanford University 2013
Ph.D. Scientific Computing - Numerical analysis, Uppsala University 2013
M.S. Sociotechnical Engineering, Uppsala University 2008.
CO2 Storage in the North Sea: Quantification of Uncertainties and Error Reduction
- M. P. Pettersson, G. Iaccarino, J. Nordström, Polynomial Chaos Methods for Hyperbolic Partial Differential Equations: Numerical Techniques for Fluid Dynamics Problems in the Presence of Uncertainties, Springer International Publishing, ISBN 978-3-319-10714-1, 2015.
- P. Pettersson, H.A. Tchelepi, Stochastic Galerkin framework with locally reduced bases for nonlinear two-phase transport in heterogeneous formations, Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering, 2016.
- P. Pettersson, J. Nordström, Alireza Doostan, A Well-posed and Stable Stochastic Galerkin Formulation of the Incompressible Navier-Stokes Equations with Random Data, Journal of Computational Physics, Vol 306 C, pp. 92-116, 2016.
- P. Pettersson, Stochastic Galerkin Formulations for CO2 Transport in Aquifers: Numerical Solutions with Uncertain Material Properties, Transport in Porous Media (accepted for publication), pp. -- --, 2015.
- P. Pettersson, G. Iaccarino, J. Nordström, A stochastic Galerkin method for the Euler equations with Roe variable transformation, Journal of Computational Physics (JCP), Vol 257 A, pp. 481- 500, 2014.
- P. Pettersson, G. Iaccarino, J. Nordström, An Intrusive Hybrid Method for Discontinuous Two-phase Flow under Uncertainty, Computers and Fluids, Vol 86, pp. 228-239, 2013.
- P. Pettersson, A. Doostan, J. Nordström, On Stability and Monotonicity Requirements of Finite Difference Approximations of Stochastic Conservation Laws with Random Viscosity, Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering, Vol 258, pp. 134-151, 2013.
- P. Pettersson, J. Nordström, G. Iaccarino, Boundary procedures for the time-dependent Burgers' equation under uncertainty, Acta Mathematica Scientia, 30B(2), pp. 539-550, 2010.
- P. Pettersson, G. Iaccarino, J. Nordström, Numerical analysis of the Burgers' equation in the presence of uncertainty, Journal of Computational Physics (JCP), Vol 228, No. 22, pp. 8394- 8412, 2009.
- P. Pettersson, Q. Abbas, G. Iaccarino, J. Nordström, Efficiency of shock capturing schemes for Burgers' equation with boundary uncertainty. In G. Kreiss, P. Lötstedt, A. Målqvist, M. Neytcheva, editors, Numerical Mathematics and Advanced Applications: 2009, pp. 737-745, Springer, Berlin, 2010.
- P. Pettersson, J. Nordström, A. Doostan, A Well-posed and Stable Stochastic Galerkin Formulation of the Incompressible Navier-Stokes Equations with Random Data, Report number: LiTH-MAT-R--2015/06--SE.
- A. Nissen, P. Pettersson, E. Keilegavlen, J. M. Nordbotten, Incorporating Geological Uncer- tainty in Error Control for Linear Solvers, SPE Reservoir Simulation Symposium, Houston, Texas, USA, 23-25 February 2015.
- P. Pettersson, H. Tchelepi, Stochastic Galerkin Method for the Buckley-Leverett Problem in Heterogeneous Formations, ECMOR XIV, Catania, Sicily, Italy, 8-11 September 2014.
- P. Pettersson, J. Nordström, G. Iaccarino, A Roe variable based chaos method for the Euler equations under uncertainty, Technical Report 2012-021, Department of Information Technology, Uppsala University.
- P. Pettersson, G. Iaccarino, K.K. So, C. Stemmer, An Intrusive Method for Two-Phase Flow under Uncertainty, Proceedings of the 2011 SFB-TR40 Summer Program, Munich, Germany.
- G. Iaccarino, P. Pettersson, J. Nordström, J. Witteveen, Numerical methods for uncertainty quantification in high speed flows, V European Conference on Computational Fluid Dynamics ECCOMAS CFD 2010, June 14-17 2010, Lisbon.
- P. Pettersson, G. Iaccarino, J. Nordström, Numerical analysis of Burgers' equation with Uncer- tain Boundary Conditions Using the Stochastic Galerkin Method, Technical Report 2008-011, Department of Information Technology, Uppsala University.