FRISP - Forum for Research into Ice Shelf Processes
» News & Announcements
FRISP workshop 2017
31st international Forum for Research into Ice Shelf Processes
(FRISP) workshop will be held in Bergen, June 19th-22nd, 2017. The
meeting will take place at Panorama Hotell and Resort on Sotra, an island outside Bergen, Norway.
The FRISP meeting is an opportunity for scientists working on ice shelf processes to meet in an informal setting and to exchange ideas, results and field plans. As always, we welcome presentations on all aspects of ice shelf research, including, but not limited to:
- formation, flow and disintegration of ice shelves and tidewater glaciers
- response of ice shelves and tidewater glaciers to past, present and future climate variability
- surface and basal mass balance of ice shelves
- ice-ocean interaction at the calving front of ice shelves and tidewater glaciers
- mass transport across the grounding line
- ocean circulation and water mass transformation beneath ice shelves and within pro-glacial fjords
- impact of ice shelves on the global ocean
- processes controlling the delivery of ocean heat to glaciated coastlines
- climate records from on or near current or former ice shelves
- iceberg calving, drift, melting, and decay
Arrival - Departure
The workshop starts with ice-breaker and dinner on the 19/6 and ends before lunch on the 22/6. There will be transport arranged from Bergen airport Flesland to the hotel and from the city center of Bergen. The bus leaves the airport 19/6 at 16.30. On the 22/6, there will be packed lunch and a bus from the hotel to the airport leaving at 12:00. The bus ride to the airport is 45-50 minutes. Participants arriving later /departing earlier will have to arrange transport to the hotel on their own.
Conference fee and cost for accommodation
The cost for the hotel is 5910 NoK in single room and 4710 NoK in double room (to be paid at the hotel). This includes all meals (dinner 19/6 - lunch 22/6). In addition there will be a registration fee of 750 NoK (covering shuttle bus from the airport etc). Master and PhD students can apply for 30% discount.
Hotel reservation will be arranged by us. Please direct any inquiries regarding accommodation and transport to/from the hotel to Elin Darelius.
The deadline for students applying for financial support was March 15th, 2017, but there is still funding for a limited number of students. Please contact Stefanie Semper if you are a student and missed the deadline.
The link for the registration can be found HERE. The deadline for registration and payment of conference fee is April 10th, 2017.
For questions, please contact one of the local organizing committee:
- Elin Darelius firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tore Hattermann email@example.com
- Stefanie Semper firstname.lastname@example.org
- Satoshi Kimura email@example.com
FRISP 2017 is sponsored by